BURLINGAME, Calif., Oct. 1, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Why: The Pandemic has significantly impacted millions of households in California related to family law litigation which includes divorce, child and spousal support, custody and visitation of children and spousal abuse protection to name a few. Other topics covered in the virtual conference include a wide range of tax, financial and valuation topics as well.
"From critical case law updates to sessions on support and the challenges of COVID-19, this conference will provide an excellent opportunity to hear the most recent information firsthand from accountants and lawyers who specialize in family law," said Kimberly Alvarado, Managing Director at CBIZ MHM. "Participants will also get the opportunity to ask questions directed to three judicial officers and an appellate justice on these important topics."
WHEN: October 23, 2020 - 8:30 a.m. to 4:10 pm PT
WHERE: LIVE, WEBCAST – For more information and to register go HERE.
WHAT: This one-day, virtual conference will cover case law updates; support programs;
support calculations, how to prepare a comprehensive and persuasive long-term support presentation; and a special judges' panel discussion. This year's conference provides an excellent opportunity to virtually meet, mingle and discuss your questions with judicial officers, accountants and lawyers who specialize in family law.
WHO: Expert speakers include:
- Brian Boone, CFA, CPA-ABV-CFF, CVA, Owner of Schultze Boone and Silva
- Hon. Bruce G. Iwasaki, Judge of the Los Angeles Superior Court
- Catherine Conner, Certified Family Law Specialist with Conner, Lawrence, Rodney, Olhiser & Barrett, LLP
- Christina Humason, CPA, Partner with Gursey | Schneider LLP
- Darlene L. Elmore, CPA, ABV, CFF, Owner of Darlene L. Elmore, CPA, ABV
- Justice Dennis A. Cornell (Ret.)
- Erica J. Lubans, Partner with Wasser, Cooperman & Mandles
- Garrett C. Dailey, Esq., CFLS, AAML, IAFL
- Gregory A. Girvan, Partner at Feinberg Mindel Brandt & Klein, LLP
- Jared Tonks, CPA, ABV, CFF, Director Forensic & Financial Services at CBIZ MHM, LLC
- Hon. Margo Lewis Hoy, Judge of the San Diego Superior Court
- B. Marie Ebersbacher, CPA, ABV, CFF, CFE, Senior Managing Director at CBIZ MHM, LLC
- Mark Edgar Stephens, Personal and Professional Development Coach and Consultant
- Patrick A. Greene, CPA, MBA, ABV, CFF, Senior Partner at LorchGreene, LLP
- Ronald F. Brot, Founding Partner at Brot Gross Fishbein
- Charles A. Burak, Principal at Burak & Associates CPAs
- Hon. Shauna L. Chastain, Judge of the Solano County Superior Court
SPONSORS: First Republic Bank
CalCPA traces its heritage to 1903 when the California State Society of Certified Public Accountants was organized. In 1909, it merged with two other state CPA associations to form CalCPA. CalCPA serves more than 43,000 members in public practice, private industry, academia and government, and has 14 chapters across California. CalCPA also offers more than 1,400 live courses, conferences, webcasts and on-demand self- courses annually. More information is available online.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/calcpa-2020-family-law-virtual-conference-to-address-a-wide-range-of-legal-tax-financial-and-valuation-issues-in-a-pandemic-on-october-23-2020-301144384.html
SOURCE California Society of CPAs