WATERTOWN, Mass. and PARIS, Aug. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Doble Engineering Company, an ESCO Technologies, Inc. owned company (NYSE: ESE), is pleased to announce a new, all-inclusive monitoring solution designed to evaluate overall transformer condition: doblePRIME. Providing a comprehensive picture of transformer health, doblePRIME offers electric power organizations information critical to the safe and reliable delivery of power, while also helping facilitate the decision making process around strategic resource planning.
"The collection and use of any available condition and operational data, regardless of its source, is key to driving value for an organization; doblePRIME links data and analytics to bring that value to life," said Dr. Tony McGrail, solutions director at Doble Engineering. "Knowledge and experience are at the core of everything Doble does; that combination of data gathered through tests and tools, plus nearly a century of diagnostic research and fieldwork is what is embedded in all Doble solutions."
doblePRIME is bringing the power of integrating analytics to every organization, at every level. For organizations that are looking for a more comprehensive view of multiple substations, doblePRIME is built to connect to dobleARMS™, the company's asset risk management system.
Available in November, 2014, doblePRIME features a dashboard with two distinct views: 1. doblePRIME View with data integration, or 2. doblePRIME Analytics with data integration, aggregation and embedded intelligence, is a subset of dobleARMS. doblePRIME is a scalable solution that can be as simple or sophisticated as needed, allowing customers to balance asset criticality and budget constraints.
Bringing together all available online monitoring, operational and asset data into one view, doblePRIME is a flexible solution that integrates partial discharge, dissolved gas and bushing deterioration data from Doble diagnostic devices. It also 'talks' to any other IED (intelligent electronic device) through standard protocols to incorporate all available data into the decision making process.
The following Doble products naturally incorporate into a doblePRIME platform, or may be used as individual monitoring devices:
- doblePRIME Delphi DGA. Provides data on changes in dissolved gas levels, the early warning signs of developing or impending problems such as overheating, insulation deterioration or mechanical movement within the transformer.
- doblePRIME IDD Bushing Monitor. Detects signs of rapid or slow deterioration in bushings, finding abnormalities in the insulation. The monitor also provides leakage current and phase analysis for up to 12 bushings, measuring parameters for each bushing both individually and in sets of three.
- doblePRIME Domino. Provides real-time data for moisture-in-oil.
- doblePRIME PD-Guard. Continuously monitors partial discharge (PD) levels, learns transformer behavior related to PD and notifies users of relevant changes in frequency and severity.
- dobleARMS. doblePRIME provides a seamless integration with dobleARMS for managing risk assessment beyond one substation or transformers.
"Our goal is provide our customers with solutions that fit their operations, maintenance and business needs," said Don Angell, vice president global strategy and solutions at Doble Engineering. "Solutions like doblePRIME and dobleARMS move beyond alerts and alarms. They provide real, behind the scenes analysis that can make all the difference when making a critical decision."
About Doble Engineering Company
Now in 110 countries, Doble Engineering Company has been helping clients in the electric power industry improve operations and optimize system performance for nearly a century. Doble offers diagnostic instruments, services, and the world's premier library of statistically significant apparatus test results for the benefit of energy generation, transmission, delivery companies and industrial power users worldwide. Doble is part of the Utility Solutions Group of ESCO Technologies Inc. (NYSE: ESE), St. Louis. For more information, visit: www.doble.com.
SOURCE Doble Engineering Company