Tin plate (also called tinplate) refers to cold-rolled thin steel plate coated with a thin layer of metal tin on both sides. It combines the hardness and strength of steel with the solderability, corrosion resistance and bright appearance of tin. Tin plate has the advantages of odorless, non-toxic, light weight, easy processing and forming. Printing different patterns can also beautify products, so it has been widely used in food canning industry, electronic devices, chemical paints and other industries. In the production process of tin plate, after the strip steel is tinned and softened, in order to prevent the tin layer from oxidizing and yellowing during storage or baking of the coating, and to improve the anti-sulfur performance of the tin plate, The tin plate is passivated.
2. TFS (Tin free sheet)
Chrome plated coil (TFS) refers to a steel plate with a layer of chromium on the surface, in order to prevent the surface of the steel plate  from being corroded and prolong its service life. The surface of the steel plate is coated with a layer of metallic chromium. method.
The biggest difference is that chrome-plated iron(TFS) is not suitable for welding, It is generally used for top and bottom caps, crown caps, screw caps, two-piece cans, etc.However the Tinplate is suitable for welding.
Chrome-plated iron, which is a tin-free steel sheet (TFS), has not been widely used until 2000. Even this year, chromium-plated iron will be more expensive than tin-plated iron(Tinplate). The reason is that chromium-plated iron (TFS) is significantly better than tin-plated iron (Tinplate) in the processing performance of iron-plated coatings. With the widespread use of coated iron, especially in terms of bottle caps, chrome-plated iron has attracted more attention.
The characteristics of chrome-plated iron (tfs) are:
(1) The substrate processing and corrosion resistance of the substrate are the same as those of the tinplate substrate;
(2) In coating processing, it is not necessary to consider the problem of tin melting like tinplate. A higher baking temperature can be used to improve the production efficiency of printing and coating;
(3) Adhesion to coating film is better than tinplate;
(4) Its surface is a very thin layer of metallic chromium and hydrated chromium oxide, and the thickness is only about 1% of the tinplate layer. Therefore, it is easy to rust. Therefore, without coating processing, there is no practical value for chromium-plated iron.
(5) Because it is a thin sheet of Wuxi, it saves tin resources and is in line with the development direction of tinplate.
Tin-plated iron is tinplate, of which Sn (tin) is the coating, tinplate is also called tin-plated tinplate is a common name for electroplated tin steel sheet, the English abbreviation is SPTE, which refers to cold-rolled low-carbon steel sheet or steel plated with commercial pure tin on both sides. band. Tin is mainly used to prevent corrosion and rust. It combines the strength and formability of steel with the corrosion resistance, solderability, and aesthetic appearance of steel in one material. It has the characteristics of corrosion resistance, non-toxicity, high strength, and good ductility.
Company Name: Orient Steel Co., Ltd. | Shandong Orient Steel
Email: Send Email
Address:Guanxian Industrial Park, Liao Cheng