Bali, Indonesia, Apr 9, 2014 - (ACN Newswire) - The 6th Annual Global CSR Summit & Awards 2014 ended on a high note at the Laguna Luxury Collection Resort, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia with 31 Companies honoured for outstanding contributions in Corporate Social Responsibility.
Over 150 entries were received from companies all over the world for the 6th Annual Global CSR Summit & Awards 2014, recognized as Asia's most prestigious event and awards on Corporate Social Responsibility.
Dr. Bambang Budhianto, Director at the Indonesia Ministry of Agriculture, Directorate General of Food Crops, Directorate of Seed Development was the guest of honour at the event to give away the awards.
The winners were selected through a systematic rating process from a renowned panel of judges namely, Mr Mark Goyder (Founder of Tomorrow's Company), Professor Dr. Geoffrey Williams (Founder and Director of Williams Business Consultancy and Deputy Vice Chancellor at Universiti Tun Abdul Razak, Malaysia), Mr Tjahjono Soerjodibroto (National Director of World Vision Indonesia) and Mr Frank Reimann (Founding Partner of Community Insights).
The 2014 winners of the Global CSR Awards are:
Best Environmental Excellence Award
1) Metro Pacific Investments (PH)- Platinum2) Great Giant Pineapple (ID) - Gold3) PT Levi Strauss Indonesia (ID) - Silver4) PT Vale Indonesia (ID) - Bronze
Excellence in Provision of Literacy & Education Award
1) Maybank Foundation (MY) - Platinum2) Tenaga Nasional Berhad (MY) - Gold3) Bank Mandiri (ID) - Silver4) Pertamina (ID) - Bronze
Empowerment of Women Award
1) GAP (US) - Platinum2) Sampoerna HBK (ID) - Gold3) Oceana Gold (PH) - Gold4) Malakoff (MY) - Silver5) Loreal Indonesia (ID) - Bronze
Best Workplace Practices Award
1) StarHub (SG) - Platinum2) YTL Corporation (MY) - Gold3) Astro Malaysia Holdings (MY) - Silver4) Monsanto Asia Pacific (SG) - Bronze
CSR Leadership Award
1) Adaro Energy (ID) - Platinum2) Standard Chartered (ID) - Gold3) Trakindo Utama (ID) - Silver4) Fed EX (HK) - Bronze
Product Excellence Award
1) Holcim (ID) - Platinum2) Chandra Asri Petrochemical (ID) - Gold3) Ricoh Asia Pacific (SG) - Silver4) TNB Janamanjung (MY) - Bronze
Best Community Programme Award
1) Holcim (ID) - Platinum2) Astro Malaysia Holdings (MY) - Gold3) PTT Exploration and Production (TH) - Gold4) PT Astra (ID) - Gold5) DHL (PH) - Silver)6) Bumi Resources (ID) - Bronze
The following companies were awarded the Merit Award for being among the shortlisted entries: 1) AECOM (HK)2) Astra Honda (ID)3) BP Indonesia (ID) 4) Buksh Foundation (PK)5) CAAS Singapore (SG)6) DBS (SG)7) PT Dow Indonesia (ID)8) Kepco SPC (PH)9) Mondolez Philippines (PH)10) Mongolia Mining (MN)11) Nokia (SG)12) Pfizer Indonesia (ID)13) Qualcomm (HK)14) SM Investments (PH)15) Telekomsel (ID)16) XL Axiata (ID)
The theme for the Global CSR Summit & Awards 2014 'Paradigm Shift For Meaningful Change' witnessed many speeches and discussions from a prestigious lineup of speakers from leading organisations around the world. Much on the discussion focused on the radical approaches and solutions in community transformation and environmental change to achieve desired and impactful changes in societies.
On day 2, 4th April 2014, delegates were treated to a tour of Bali, beginning with the famous Pura Tanah Lot Temple.
The event is covered by media partners including ACN Newswire, Asean Times, Asian NGO, Alpha Southeast Asia, The Bali Times, Bisnis Indonesia, BusinessWorld, Eco-Business, EcoSeed, Ethnical Markets, MediaBuzz and World CSR Day.
The event is supported by Williams Business Consultancy, Tomorrow's Company and American Chamber of Commerce (Indonesia).
For more information on the 6th Annual Global CSR Summit 2014, please visit http://globalcsr.tpgi.org/2014
Eric Khoo (International & Indonesia)Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTel: +65 6444 9049
Marco Domingo (International, Philippines & Indonesia)Email: email@example.comTel: +63 2 330 9489
Yukim Reed (Indonesia)Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +65 6444 1644
Source: Global CSR Summit & Awards
Copyright 2014 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.