SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 5, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global corneal implants market size is anticipated to reach USD 641.41 million by 2027 registering a CAGR of 6.5%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising prevalence of corneal diseases, such as keratoconus, Fuchs dystrophy, and infectious keratitis, is the major factor driving the market growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Based on type, human cornea segment held the largest market share in 2019 and is estimated to retain its dominant position throughout the forecast period
- Lack of accessibility, shortage of human corneas, and rising number of graft rejection cases are factors expected to drive the segment growth
- Based on end user, the hospital segment held the largest market share in 2019 and is expected to have a significant growth rate over the forecast period
- North America holds the largest market share in the global market. U.S, is one of the major suppliers of corneal Implant globally
- Asia pacific are expected to witness the fastest CAGR over the forecast period due to rising demand for corneal implants in countries, such as China, Indonesia, and Philippines
- Endothelial keratoplasty segment is expected to register the fastest CAGR from 2020 to 2027 owing benefits, such as faster and better visual restoration with decreased risk of infection and accidents to the eye surface
- Based on application, Fuchs Dystrophy segment held the largest market share in 2019 and is expected to register the fastest CAGR from 2020 to 2027
- This growth can be attributed to the factors, such as rising adoption of minimally invasive surgical procedures and high prevalence of the disease
Read 130 page research report with ToC on "Corneal Implants Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Human Cornea, Synthetic), By Surgery Method, By Application (Keratoconus, Fuchs Dystrophy), By End User (Hospital, ASC), And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/corneal-implants-market
The gap between demand and supply is also expected to boost the market growth in the long run. Various programs spreading awareness about the importance of corneal donation are also likely to support market growth. Moreover, many European countries are adopting "opt-out" policy for organ donation to meet the growing demand for corneal grafts.
Increasing number of R&D activities related to corneal implants is expected to foster the market growth over the forecast period. Bioengineered cornea, 3D printed cornea, and stem cells therapy are few of the topics gaining attention from the stakeholders.
Grand View Research has segmented the global corneal implants market based on type, surgery method, application, end user, and region:
- Corneal Implant Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Human Cornea
- Corneal Implant Surgery Method Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Penetrating Keratoplasty
- Endothelial Keratoplasty
- Corneal Implant Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Fuchs Dystrophy
- Infectious Keratitis
- Corneal Ulcers
- Corneal Implant End-user Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Ophthalmic Center
- Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC)
- Corneal Implant Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- List of Key Players of Corneal Implants Market
- Florida Lions Eye Bank
- Alcon, Inc.
- AJL Ophthalmic SA
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear
- San Diego Eye Bank
- KeraMed, Inc.
- Alabama Eye Bank, Inc.
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Dental Implants Market – The global dental implants market size was valued at USD 4.6 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.0% from 2020 to 2027.
- Subdermal Contraceptive Implants Market – The global subdermal contraceptive implants market size was estimated at USD 744.9 million in 2018. An increase in use of modern contraceptive methods, rising awareness about sexual health and family planning, and increase in government initiatives are likely to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Hip Replacement Implants Market– The global hip replacement implants market size was estimated at USD 5.56 billion in 2018 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 4.7% over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.